2005 UD All Star Classics

the 2nd place winner in our little poll was 2005 UD All Star Classics. A set I had not heard too much about. Certainly no packs/boxes of this made their way across the border back then.
Carlos Beltran. Carlos made the team as an injury replacement for Griffey Jr. (there's a shocker) Carlos went 1-2 with a run scored.
David Ortiz. David had a pretty good game as he went 1-1 with a HR, 2 RBI's, 2 runs scored and 2 walks.
Lance Berkman started the game, replacing Griffey Jr. Lance went 0-2 in front of the home crowd.
Torii Hunter never even came close to the All Star game. They wouldn't even sell him a ticket. I have no idea why he is in this set.
Adrian Beltre is a "Future Star"
so is Justin Morneau
Tom Seaver is from the "Legendary All Stars" subset. I always think of Tom as a Red, not a Met. Certainly not a White Sock.
and some guy named after a bear who brought the wrong glove to the game. Smooth.
there you have it. Nice cards. I might grab some of these packs IF I can ever find them. I want to find the card the commemorates the 1st inning meltdown by Roger Clemens, allowing 6 runs before the N.L. could even bat. Nice.

Blog Archive