My 2009 Goudey Experience....

As documented here, a long time ago... I was not, and am not, impressed with the new Goudey product.
However, as an obsessive compulsive set builder, I need to get the Braves team set.
(don't judge me...)
if Chipper were to remove those sunglasses, all men would cower and the women would faint)


can someone explain to me how in the hell is this card of James Parr a rookie card?

Frenchy and B Mac are the only ones even remotely human looking. I'm thinking the facial hair might have something to do with it.
There you have it. Seven Braves for $1.70 with free shipping. I'm not sure what a pack of these things cost... maybe around $3.50? For less than half that, I get all the cards I wanted. Now I'm sure some smart alec will leave a comment telling me I'm missing one of those 4 in 1 thingies.... well good for you. I'll just have to trade with someone eventually.
Most of you probably read Night Owl.... he likes to name sets. The flag set, the dot matrix set, etc.... might I suggest that when it comes time to name this one, we might go with "The Hollywood set". It looks like everyone in this set went to a really bad plastic surgeon for a lift and botox. Think Joan Rivers, Phyllis Diller and Ray Liotta.... horrible.

Blog Archive