a dinosaur, the last of a dying breed...

I, am a set collector. I've been called many things over the years. People still give me strange looks at card shows when I ask if they have any commons boxes of 1999 Topps Finest Football to look through. But I can't help it.
It's the chase. The joy of the completed page, and yes, the completed set.

Today was a good day for this dinosaur. My 1977/78 OPC hockey set, is now complete. Picked up the last 4 cards I needed for it. It cost me $2. Well worth it.

This is Holmgren's RC. The guy wanted $5, but look at the OC... ended up getting it for $1.50. Still too much...... but I paid it. I'll upgrade him, and two other cards in my set, later....
but first I want to enjoy it for a little while..... flip through the pages, read the backs... you know.
a couple of generous bloggers helped with my Conlon set. Thanks to Ryan and Shane! Now I only need 18 more to finish, but I did finally put the rest in pages. They look awesome!
It'll take weeks to read all of the cool stuff on the cards, let alone the pictures...
I also finished off my 09/10 UD Hockey series 1 set today...
and am only 2 cards short of Series 2. A big thanks to the nice card show dude today who gave me the 8 cards I needed... free! Gratis! Such a nice guy... I went back and bought 2 sets from him just because of that. See? Give me stuff and I buy more.
Now an ebay purchase. I'm working on the 40 card All World insert set from this year's Upper Deck Hockey. The last 10 are SP's... with these two, I now only need 4 more.
the book value of these 2? Over $40!!! Mojo!!!!
Meh. $2.99 shipped to my door from the same seller. He wasn't happy about it, but it's his own fault for even owning a Beckett.
If anyone out there can or wants to continue my good mood... please check out the old wantlist and let's make a deal. Hopefully I'll have something you want.