Going to a cardshow and what did I find?

Sweet F.A. baby.

It's a smaller show (15-20 tables) held the first weekend of every month in the lobby of a hockey/curling rink.
There was a women's hockey tournament going on, so it looked like a lot of people were there, but in reality maybe 20 customers.
I have never seen so much overpriced cards in my life. No dealers, only wannabes. Every seller there was between 48-65 years old. Unwashed. Still living in his mom's basement. You know what I'm talking about. Stereotypes exist for a reason kids!

Everwhere you looked it was quadruple jersey autographed game worn jock super refractors. Millions of them. And no prices. Anywhere. Warning! Warning!

I found two dudes selling football and baseball, and pulled a Kenshin Kawakami '09 Ballpark autograph /200. No price. *sigh* "How much?" I ask. "Well son, that card books for over $80, but I've never seen it sell on ebay for less than $100. You see, he's Japanese! It's rare that us white folk ever get to see a card like this. Them Japs snap 'em up so quick!" he says, snapping his fingers. I look around, assuming I just transported into middle Arkansas. Nope. Still surrounded by women on skates. "But I'll let you have it for full book. A steal!" he says.

I'd already walked away. I found one when I got home. Better snag it before them foreigners do, eh?

Wow. It didn't get any better. Finally I paid some dude $6 for 18 cards from the '76/77 and '77/78 OPC hockey sets. I think I got raped on that too... but I was busy looking over my shoulder for the Japanese.

And then I left. Thank the gods it was free admission and I could go watch some hockey after...