Does this ever happen to anyone else?

or is it just me?

Story time... stay with me.

You decide that you absolutely have to have an item. Doesn't matter what. A card, a watch, an autographed ball, game used Phil Esposito socks, whatever. You want it. You NEED it.
Fine.
Being the suave, savvy, internet buyer that you are, you set a price of what it's worth to you and you set off for the World Wide Web.
Through the various auction sites you find that a fair price for your item is $20. Anything under that is golden. You seek, you find, you bid.
You don't win.
Repeat.
Repeat again. Your item is going well over your $20 limit.
Then you miss an auction, or three.
All three sell for between $9 and $15.
Scouring the sites, You seek, you find, you lose.
Repeat.
Again.
The next 4 auctions you watch sell for around $30.
You get frustrated. You ignore it for a couple of weeks.
Six different sales happen while you were gone for under $15.
Anxious, you bid again.
And again.
Five more go for over $30.
WTF!?

Does this sound familiar? I have been trying to get this for over a year. It has sold over 45 times in that span. I have watched and or bid on 25 of them. None went for less than $24. The other 20? 19 of them less than $16, one went for $19.
Who the hell has bugged my computer?

If any of you want to sell something and get good money for it, let me know and I'll bid on it. It'll be sure to skyrocket out of my range.