a failed ebay experiment... or is it?

Quite often lately I've been reading about other bloggers exploits at Wally World, or Target. You know the story. They stop for food, diapers, socks, and decide to swing by the card aisle.
I cannot express to you how this infuriates me. Not at the bloggers. But at Wal Mart Canada. We have no card aisle. Some WalMarts will have a few cards by the checkstand, but it's 90% My Little Pony, 10% overpriced Hockey.
I've read how even some bloggers like A Cardboard Problem or A Priceless Pursuit, among others, even go there to buy high end stuff like Sweet Spot. I've never even seen a pack of Sweet Spot, let alone be able to get one when I buy deodorant.

So I decided to buy an ebay pack of Sweet Spot for myself. And before you cry out, no. I am not dumb enough to buy a pack of anything off of ebay.
Merely, I was going to spend the price of a Sweet Spot pack on Sweet Spot singles, and make up my own pack. My budget, $30.

Sounds like a decent enough plan, right? Going in I felt confident. But somewhere between there and here, I got derailed.

Here's what I ended up with.

A 1953 Topps Jim Pendleton #185 with a slight wrinkle on the top right corner.
1953 Topps Jim Wilson #208 with a wrinkle under his nose.
1953 Topps Jack Dittmer #212 no creases
1953 Topps Bill Bruton #214 with a wrinkle going throught the "M" logo
1953 Topps Gene Conley #215 with obvious scuffing, no creases.
1953 Topps Murray Wall #217 in beautiful shape.
Total price for all 6? $28.25 shipped.
My pack of Sweet Spot has no autos, no Game Used. Just base cards. Six of them. But at least they're all from my favourite team, right?
Does anyone else get distracted on ebay like I do and end up with a bunch of stuff you had no intentions on buying in the first place?