Did Someone Say Exhausting

Describing the awesomeness of my current research working out is almost impossible. I don't want to talk about it at all until it is completely done, but I have no problem complaining about the work it is taking. I have spent about 3 hours today so far and I would not fell comfortable saying I am anymore than 20% done just gathering and processing the data the first time through. If it was not for such a worthwhile cause I would just quit and go do something more fun. The only thing keeping me going in online 80's radio and thinking about how great a good result would be.

You, the reader, don't come here to hear my moan about what it takes to do a job a volunteer to do, so in the spirit of finding something fun we have to quickly break down a subject that demands it. The state of my Cincinnati Reds (a baseball story holy crap!).

When I was 4 years old the Cincinnati Reds were the World Series champions led by my brother's boyhood idol.

(This poster is on his wall still)

Over the last 16 years though, the team has slowly faded into completely irrelevance as their roster has gone through all sorts of constant changes.

Bust a flow for us Deion.

Even just a few years ago, it looked liked the reds had finally figured it out with Adam Dunn, Austin Kearns, and Ken Griffey forming a dominant outfield.

Where is your pot belly Dunn, you ask.

That of course never worked out as Kearns failed to develop enough and was traded, Dunn couldn't stop striking out, and Griffey never really regained his old form.

He still gave us one of the greatest decades ever.

This year started out as many have over the course of the last two decades. Dead on Arrival.

Narron busy coachin' em up (or making vacation plans).

Within the last month or so, there has been a glimmer of hope though as the team is playing better under a new manager and brought up elite pitching prospect Homer Bailey.

Manager or Baily: You Decide!

Will this streak of good fortune keep going for my childhood squad? The statistician in my says no, but the hopeful fan in my of course says yes. So, remember this just in case they're the world series champions again in a few years now, so I can revel in it all day without the dreaded band wagon fan status. No matter how bad it gets, if the last 16 years have proven anything, I will always like my team's pants a primary color, their location Cincinnati, and their relief pitchers nasty.


Blog Archive